Sipo Mahogany (Utile) is known for the classic red colour and is considered the best among the African Redwoods. Due to the timeless character, Sipo Mahogany is used for many applications since the beginning of the 20th century.
- Very stable and durable (Class 2)
- Crossgrain gives little if any problems
- The weight is about 590-660 kg/m3, at a moisture content of 12%
- Sapwood can be clearly distinguished from the heartwood and is rose-grey.
- Botanic name: Entandrophragma Utile
Suitable for a wide range of applications. For example: yacht and boatbuilding industry, joinery, stairs and carpentry.
Sipo Mahogany & Worldwood
Sipo Mahogany is available in square-edged lumber and logs. Worldwood has the facilities to saw Sipo Mahogany logs according to the customer’s wishes by specialist companies and can be dried in one of our kilns. Sipo Mahogany is FSC 100% certified.
|Thickness (mm)||Width (mm)||Length (mm)|
|26 – 33 – 40 – 52 – 65 – 80 – 105, other thicknesses upon request||130 and wider||2150 up to 5500|